Compact but powerful soft starters.
Two families of soft starters that provide a total motor starting solution for motors up to 110 kW. The MCD 201 offers efficient motor-starting features, while the extended MCD 202 version provides enhanced soft-start functionality and additional motor-protection features.
The series of soft starters offers easy DIN rail mounting for sizes up to 30 kW, 2-wire or 3-wire start/stop control and excellent starting duty (4 x le for 6 seconds; heavy starting ratings at 4 x le for 20 seconds). They are compatible with grounded delta power systems.
Supply voltages and power range
- 3 x 200-440 V…7.5-110 kW
- 3 x 200-575 V…7.5-110 kW
Features and benefits
- Panel space can be saved due to the compact size
- Installation costs are minimized and power loss eliminated thanks to the built-in bypass
- More starts per hour and a higher load is possible as a result of advanced SCR Control Algorithms that balance output waveform
- Overall project investment is reduced due to essential motor protections
- No external cooling or oversizing is necessary thanks to the maximum ambient temperature of 50°C without derating
VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 10
VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 31
Danfoss HCS (Harmonic Calculation Software)
Danfoss Servo Sizer
VLT® Energy Box